Today I thought I’d share this fab recipe for delicious gluten-free raspberry and coconut granola slices! It’s super easy, cheap, and also has the benefit of being put-downable… If you have to stop in the middle of making it, you can just leave it half-done and pick it back up later, and the outcome will still be good. This is especially important when baking with a baby around (as I’ve discovered!).
It’s also a great way to use up any raspberries that are a bit past their best!
Gluten-free Raspberry & Coconut Granola Bars
You will need the following ingredients:
- 100g oats
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 125g gluten free plain flour
- 75g butter
- 30g dessicated coconut
- 1 tsp cinammon
- 1/4 tsp xantham gum (optional)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Raspberry jam (about a quarter of a jar, or c. 6 tbsps)
- Fresh raspberries (optional)
Key Information About This Recipe
This recipe should make you 12 – 16 granola slices (depending on how large you cut them!) so it’s perfect for entertaining or re-stocking the pantry.
Your raspberry and coconut slices will last about four to five days, if you keep them in an airtight tin (and if you can stop yourself from eating them all before then!).
This is a gluten free recipe, but if you don’t mind eating gluten, you can substitute normal plain flour for the gluten-free flour, and leave out the xantham gum.
How To Bake Your Gluten Free Raspberry and Coconut Granola Slices
1. Start by lining a 20cm X 20cm baking tray with baking paper and greasing the sides. Pre-heat the oven to 170 C.
2. Put all the ingredients except the jam and raspberries into a bowl. Rub the butter into the dry ingredients (didn’t I say it was easy?). You should be left with a mixture similar to crumble topping.
3. Press 2/3rds of the mixture into the base of the tin. You want it reasonably compacted, otherwise your bars will just fall apart! Spread the jam over the top of the mixture and optionally dot your fresh raspberries over the top.
4. Finally, sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture over the top, pop in the oven, and bake for 30 mins.
5. Let the mix cool in the tin, and serve! It really is that easy.